Who we are
Our website address is: https://digisim.uk.
This website and associated services are solely operated by Digisim (UK) and more specifically Simon Thomson as owner, operating as a sole trader. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZB613546).
What type of personal information do we collect?
When we work with you and you procure our services we collect some data to help us progress with that work and to communicate with you. As part of this we may collect the following personally identifiable data:
- Email Address (for communication only)
- Address (for communication only)
- Telephone Number (for communication only)
If we require any other personally identifiable data that is necessary as part of our agreed work this will be identified in advance and agreed by all parties before that data is captured or stored.
Other cookies are optional. For example, if you leave a comment on our site(s) you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
The personal information we process is only provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Information Gathering
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see below)
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (c) We have a legal obligation.
How do we store data and how long do we retain your data
Digisim uses cloud technology for its operations and we store your personal data electronically using Google Workspace tools and functionality which complies with the highest International security standards as outlined here: https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_uk/learn-more/security/security-whitepaper/page-5.html . Its data centres are located with the EEA.
We retain data for the period for which we have a contractual obligation plus 90 days after which the data is deleted (unless you request otherwise).
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at privacy[at]digisim.uk if you wish to make a request.
Making a complaint
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZB613546) but if you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at privacy[at]digisim.uk where we will investigate your complaint.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data or dealt with your complaint.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk